Friday, May 15, 2015

Thumpada Thumpada

Somewhere around 4 am:  Thumpada thumpada thumpada cat feet pounding through the house.  Thumpada thumpada thumpada down the hallway, into bedroom, and Perry hits the bed and races across me, followed by Scooter, both sailing at wide open speed.  Over me, off the bed, back around, down the hallway and thumpada thumpada thumpada down the stairs.  Thumpada thumpada thumpada back up the stairs, down the hall, and pounding across me again.  Repeated a couple more times, then a launch from my bed to the dresser and there goes the vase full of lilacs and water.  All over antique dresser.  Sigh.


It's a good thing I love you wretches.

7 comments:

  1. I don't have cats but have the dog that likes to stick her snoot in my face to let me know there's a thunderstorm coming so I'm awake as it arrives and she's in the closet sleeping where it's safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch... At least you HEARD the vase go and could save the dresser... sigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch... At least you HEARD the vase go and could save the dresser... sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the pointed feet repeatedly crossing me had me pretty much awake by that time.

      Delete
  4. I have been the cross over victim of kittiy races over the years.
    Many times they ran across my face and head

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A whole house and they have to use the few square feet of the bed...

      Delete