Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Another Day In The Life... Update

...of the unexpected kitten mama.

Two black, two calicos, one grey and white, six black and whites.  So far, three have been named.  First name went to Snugs, short for snuggly. My lap is his happy place.



As soon as I sit down, he wants to play. Then he climbs into my lap when he wears out and passes out immediately.


They're like toddlers. They romp and then collapse and sleep. These two are sound asleep.


The second, one of the calicos, became Polly when I noticed that she is a polydactyl.  Six toes on each front paw.  Cali seems a logical name for her calico sister.

That's as far as I've gotten.  I'm just beginning to distinguish the black and whites by the patterns on their faces.  But no names have presented themselves for anybody else yet.

They mostly have the litter pan thing figured out but I'm still cleaning up some messes.  I don't know if someone doesn't like the pans or if they are like toddlers being potty trained - romping makes them forget until too late.  On the other hand, this project just started Friday night, so I may be wanting perfection too fast.

Mama goes to the vet for a check-up, blood work, and rabies shot on Thursday.  If I had known how easy she was to bring in she would have come in months ago.  I am so hoping her blood tests come back clean, because she's a darling.  And my other cats are not at all put out by her presense.  She has slipped out a couple times and gone off exploring, and the most that has happened was that Scooter sniffed her butt. Blackberry, who I thought would be the most put out, looked at her, then went back to sleep. Perry was equally indifferent.

Flitter has proved too wiley for the trap so far.  On the other hand, I've caught neighbor's cats Puddy once and Winston twice.  Winston just looks at me, gives a little meow, and goes up on the porch.   I'm still anticipating finding a racoon in there.

Update:




3 comments:

  1. Gracie (aka the big a** cat, or BAC) is a polydactyl black/brown longhair, Maine Coon mix. Unlike most Coons, she's kinda mean, sometimes.
    Belle, is a Siamese mix grey/white, with a black face. And, like your new kitten, loves to lap-sit. And is very gentle.
    Cats (and dogs) are the BEST!

    gfa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracie (aka the big a** cat, or BAC) is a polydactyl black/brown longhair, Maine Coon mix. Unlike most Coons, she's kinda mean, sometimes.
    Belle, is a Siamese mix grey/white, with a black face. And, like your new kitten, loves to lap-sit. And is very gentle.
    Cats (and dogs) are the BEST!

    gfa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm... You're turning into the cat lady... :-)

    ReplyDelete