Monday, October 1, 2018

Oh, Just STOP!

I am so tired of the #MeToo thing.  Whatever it started as, it is no more than #LookAtMe! and  #I'mAVictim!

I really don't care about your trauma anymore.  I don't care about your victimization.  Bad coffee is somebody's trauma these days.  I'm tired of it.

Guess what?  Over the thousands and thousands of years of human history, millions and millions of people, both men and women, have been assaulted in many ways.  And I guaran-damn-tee you that millions of men and women have been assaulted in much greater ways than an unwanted grope - gropes women have encouraged by their behavior.  Here's a hint - don't drink and then be alone with males who have been drinking.  Don't dress like a slut and then come on to some guy you don't know and then think he's going to be fine when you try to walk away.  And stop gasping and saying I'm blaming the victims.  If I put on dark clothes and walk down the middle of a darkened street at night and get hit by a car, THAT'S COMPLETELY ON ME!  I set up the situation where it could happen.

Women declared years ago that they are exactly equal in ability to men.   And then they started whining.  SUCK IT UP OR SHUT UP!!!  YOU ARE AN EMBARRASSMENT!  You are an embarrassment with your pussy hats.  You are an embarrassment with your demands for free contraceptives.  You are an embarrassment with your demands for abortion on demand.  You are an embarrassment with your crying and whining and demanding that your actions have no consequences. You are a complete and total embarrassment with your endless laziness that allows you to constantly spout factual errors and feel superior in doing it.  YOU ARE A DISGRACE!  Japanese soldiers assaulted the hell out of my uncle on Iwo Jima and believe me they tried to do more than hurt his feelings.  He came home, had a family and built a long and successful life.  Sometimes life is hell.  It's up to you whether you decide to settle there and roast or walk on through and keep going.

I am not minimizing true sexual assault.  But even though its always been around we have for decades lived in a culture that encourages it by declaring women objects to be used.  Women have supported this.  And then they have whined and cried because it happened.  It took about 10 seconds for me to get tired of my daughter's whining when she was little.  I'm way past that now.

And despite being a very independent woman who had a successful career in a hard science that was male dominated, I will, never, ever allow myself to be called a "feminist".  Because today's women have turned that word into an epithet for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment