Monday, September 16, 2019

I Don't Have To...

...feed the cats.  The inside ones.  The outside ones.  The fosters. Or clean their pans.


Or juggle the exhausting puppy and his needs around everybody else's while being scared to death because I have no idea what to do with such a big, energetic puppy.


Or get to an appointment.  Although I'm sort of looking  forward to the next psuedo-chemo:  it's my last treatment and I get to ring the big bell as I leave.

I think I've tried to return to a normal life too quickly.  I took on too much too fast. Got so exhausted.  But now palmettos, the Gulf Stream, fabulous food within walking distance, and the little bit of paradise known as Folly Beach, SC, gets to work its magic.


And I finally got to see the Hunley.  All these years and I've never been able to see it before. It was just a legend when I first came to that gem called Charleston, SC. 

Now excuse me while I work through local beers while watching the surf roll in.


And, oh, there's this little Caribbean place just down the street that makes astounding posole.


I had that yesterday.  I may do their tacos for dinner tonight.



5 comments:

  1. Time to enjoy... and indulge a bit -congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Prayer is amazing, and I'm so glad you done with the stuff. Meanwhile, relax and recuperate: you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you go to the far north end of Folly Beach where the road runs out and park in the public parking area there, then take the trail that continues through the dunes, you'll pass a few derelict house sites before coming out at the beach with a magnificent view of the Morris Island lighthouse. Great photography opportunities there. Melvin's BBQ in the Merchant's Village shopping center up SC171 has great barbecue, and my ex-gf went semi-orgasmic eating the banana pudding.

    A good day trip is to head up to Monck's Corner and visit Mepkin Abbey, a Trappist monastery that was formerly an antebellum plantation, and later on owned by the Luce family - - unlike the other Charleston plantations, Mepkin Abbey is free to visit. I'd also recommend the Charleston Tea Plantation and the Firefly Distillery, which are neighbors on Wadmalaw Island. If you go to the distillery, try the lemonade vokda - - it's delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the down time, you deserve it! And congrats on finishing the course!!!

    ReplyDelete