Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Works For Me



Got a new bishop a few months ago.  Comes from Montgomery County, MD.  The place I fled.  He has been making pastoral visits to introduce himself.  While most people are probably just glad to get a bishop who isn't slapping seminarian butts and stealing our money to fund the high life, I wondered how many in my WV congregation caught his reference to "common sense gun control" in his homily.  And if anyone has pointed out that this is WV, not a Stupid State, and that he was surrounded by guns at every Mass and as we greeted him afterward.

2 comments:

  1. Sooo... He's in for an education... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone needs to talk to him abour "common sense gun control" being an immediate indicator that means "I have no clue what I'm talking about but it sounds good."

      Delete