Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Cue "Jaws" Theme

It waited until March.

And snow levels are still problematic and will be determined by how fast the storm moves out.  But I wasn't even thinking about snow of any amount when I left to come back to help with Baby Girl.  So I have tennis shoes, a light jacket, and, oh, yeah, the chains for my SUV are laying by the back door at home in West Virginia. 

Fortunately, a friend is staying at the house because my kitties need daily medication and if the power goes off she can fire up the kerosene heater.  But, really, as of March 1 I thought we were free and clear.

9 comments:

  1. yeah.... I've got to get out today for some last 11th hour items... I'll probably fill up the tank on both mine and her vehicles.

    Actually I could just fill up the tanks and call it good. It'll be a zoo out there after 5pm today.

    Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tank filled, refrigerator filled. And at least here, unlike home, the power lines are underground, so power loss is less likely.

      Delete
    2. PH, do you have a way I could send you a PM?

      Delete
    3. WVGeod at gmail dot com.

      And how come I can't get to your blog?

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You guys probably think we are silly, but big snows aren't common for us.

      Delete
  3. Keep safe!

    ....someone remind me....are we still concerned about "global warming" when there's unexplained snowstorms south of the Arctic Circle in March?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heard somewhere that Piers Morgan was going to do some discussion of global warming and snow in Chicago. I kinda thought that snow was kinda normal in Chicago in the winter.

      Delete
    2. LOL No kiddin! Maybe someone actually pounded some sense into him.


      ...nah...

      Delete