Thursday, March 14, 2013

Truly Respected

Of course the media is horrified by our new Pope, Francis.  They can't call him a Nazi like they did Benedict, but the guy has the temerity to believe in moral absolutes and in a couple thousand years of Church doctrine and liberals can't stand that.  The Church needs to change according to how the wind blows.  Sorry, Jesus had something to say about that and it involved not building on shifting sand.  And the personal opinions of spoiled brats is shifting sands.

Of course, there already was the "how badly the Church treats women" American media crew out in a hurry.  Yada yada. 

Give me a break.  The same people think the likes of Bill Clinton and Teddy Kennedy are just ducky.  It wasn't until I started attending a Catholic church that I realized what it felt like to be treated as a full human being with an infinite worth just because I exist, discovered what it felt like to be truly respected.    I haven't encountered anything to change that in 23 years.  But then, I don't define respect as being treated like a bad tempered spoiled child who is indulged because they scream a fit otherwise.

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's also far more welcoming of study and true debate than the world around us.

      Delete
  2. Heh. Maybe I need to switch churches.

    Oh, wait....that's already in the works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of little petty BS politics and crap going on. I'm just getting fed up with it all....and apparently my limit for putting up with BS is near endless, since I worked in retail for 10 years, and my wife has already left this particular church. LOL

      Delete
    2. Ah. That's sad - it means there's something going on at the core. One great advantage of the Mass is that it's always the Mass and the center of Church life. Makes it easier to ignore the other stuff.

      Delete
  3. Well said. I've had to (mostly) bite my tongue during the past day of pontificating. (See what I did there? :-) The more people try to tell me what's wrong with the Church, the more I understand just how right She is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pontificating done by people who wouldn't prayerfully read an encylical if their lives depended on it.

      Delete
  4. They media had better be careful attacking The Holy Father.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But, but, but - he doesn't march to their tune. They are liberal. Liberals are very accepting of tunes other than their own.

      Delete