Friday, March 23, 2018

So Tired Of It

Of course my Republican Senator voted for the omnibus spending bill.  Because there's no longer a dime's worth of difference between the Republican and Democrat parties and I loathe the Republicans only slightly less than I loathe Democrats.  And then, as usual, she sent out a chirpy email full of excuses as to why.  I got that chirpy email because I had contacted her in opposition to the bill.   I gave her both barrels.  I don't think it will make a difference  - she's a professional, multi-generational politician.   I'll be contacting the White House next.

Part of me is saying that I should go to confession because of my response since it concluded with an obscenity I rarely use as I explained in detail why I never want to hear from her again in any way, shape, or form.

The other part of me is wondering how we build a strong enough conservative party fast enough to recreate what the Republicans did to the Whigs.  Because I no longer see any reason to vote for either Democrat or Republican no matter the platform. They are the same.  But the other parties, even Libertarian, just have never had enough traction to make a difference.

3 comments:

  1. I find the Libertarian party to be far different than libertarians ...
    Q

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, technically the Republicans have a platform. Which they largely ignore in favor of the Democrat platform. I just don't see any reason to vote for them anymore. It's the same party when it comes down to behavior.

      Delete
  2. Frustrating, I know. I don't know if it's my perception or reality, but it seems as though this country's drain circling is increasing it's pace... sigh.

    ReplyDelete