Monday, April 20, 2020

Another Visual Or Two

Because I don't want to clean house - it always just gets dirty again - I've pulled a bunch of numbers off the CDC/National Center for Health Statistics site.  They have a standard mortality list for which they've posted info by state for the years 2014 - 2017.  I didn't feel like pulling every year, so I used 2017 and added today's COVID fatality number for comparison.  My next project, if I feel so inclined, will be to add a column for the mortality rates as percentage of population.  Which is actually rather more important than a flat rate.  I also updated the flu season comparison.  Click to embiggen.

And, no, West Virginia isn't a mistake.  Our 20 COVID deaths are so low compared to other causes of mortality that they don't even show.  Yet we are locked down.  The states surrounding the panhandle aren't much worse, yet they are also solidly locked down.










New York City is special - 75% of the state's COVID fatalities are in the city.

And one more for the entire US.


2 comments:

  1. There you go again, using those pesky facts... Time to open up and get on with life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OldNFO - They yell about "choice" - well, how about letting ME make the choice as to go to church or into a restaurant.

      Delete