Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Some Quick Cipherin'

Actually, I pulled the CDC's ciphering and threw it into a graph.  All numbers are CDC estimates, except the COVID death numbers, which are theoretically actual data.  I say theoretically because guidance issued for coding COVID deaths may make the number a little murky by not requiring confirmation that it's actually that virus.  My concern with this is that the desire for COVID money may make governmental entities inclined to pressure doctors for a COVID fatality diagnosis.

Anyhoo, I graphed flu seasons, swine flu, and current COVID death numbers to compare fatality levels.



3 comments:

  1. I'm having a tough time figuring out exactly what the actual threat is; it doesn't seem to be the virus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rev - I don't want this virus: it seems like it's a bear when you get it. But, as you can see, we've been through rougher times in the last decade just from seasonal flu. I see 2 threats: 1) China. Period. and 2)government which says "I don't care about your constitution."

      Delete
  2. Yep, the 'fudging' of numbers has been going on since day one... sigh

    ReplyDelete