Monday, May 14, 2012

Testing, Testing....


Status:  Testing complete

Comments:  Any fails with new Glock are purely user error.  Yeah boy!

A quick dash to range between downpours because not playing with new toy any longer was NOT acceptable. Accuweather postulated that there was going to be a brief break in downpours around noon, so much watching of radar this morning, a call to Murphy's Law, who reminded me that the bad guys come out in the rain, and a surprised look on face of gent on desk at the range.  ML mostly did some coaching with me so I will start with good habits rather than have to break bad ones later - thanks, dude.  And some competition on the metal targets showed me how a little pressure and distraction affect my aim.  Not to mention glasses fogging up...

Next step, reloading set-up.

12 comments:

  1. See, this is what I am saying. People are always saying its too hot, it's too cold, it's raining and I am always saying...SO WHAT?! Let's do it...lol

    Nice target.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - I was just worried about the effects on my gun.

      Delete
  2. It looks just like a pretty flower! Nice shootin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I like those targets even tho they are more expensive because I can see better what I'm doing.

      Delete
  3. O-o-o-o...
    All rainbowy and everything.
    :)
    Q

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good day. I've been at the range in heavy downpours and in snow. It's not always going to be a sunny day so might as well keep shooting. You really do get a different perspective with wet hands and water running down your face. Be safe and train well!

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And then there's the glasses, although at least the cap brim helps keep the rain off them. But they fog.

      Delete
  5. Nice PH! Can't wait to get up there and shoot with you again!

    ReplyDelete