Friday, April 13, 2012

And in this corner....

No question the accident was my daughter's fault.  Coming out of a school, thinking about the crisis case she'd just responded to, and suddenly there was a horn, something filling up the passenger side window, and the next thing she knew she was sitting a good 10 feet up in the school's yard.  Which leads to a question.

It was Plymouth Breeze:


Verses Ford Focus:


(All images stolen off web)

School street speed limit = 15 mph.  Should the Breeze have been able to knock the Focus that far at that speed?

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm. I don't know but glad everyone is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the legal speed limit, it probably shouldn't have pushed Daughter's car that far unless the grass was wet or soil soft. Then ... maybe. Just MHO; YMMV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have more than 20 years of training, education and experience investigating traffic accidents, including being the department's fatal accident re-constructionist. I have investigated literally thousands of accidents. Without seeing the scene or accident report I can't say for certain but I have some doubts. I'd like to see the crash damage and any skid marks from the scene. Speed can be calculated from skidmarks. Any injuries? Airbag deployment? Get an expert to take a look at the report and investigator findings. If you can't find someone send the report to me. I can take a look and at least give you my opinion and maybe send you in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I doubt it, but glad she's okay....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I doubt it.
    I am glad she is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everybody - the difficulty created is that it might lose her car pool privileges at work. She drives hundreds of miles a week, and with the cost of gas and wear and tear on her own vehicle it would create a real hardship.

    @Six - Thanks. I'll see if I can get hold of a copy of the report.

    ReplyDelete