Monday, April 23, 2012

My Sunday

The radar looked like this starting Saturday evening:


We desperately needed rain, so it was welcome.  Lot's of work remaining outside, but this soaking is fine.

Had lots I needed to do inside.  Like finishing cleaning the Glocks I borrowed from Murphy's Law.  Instead, Sunday went like this:

Lay in bed draped with purring cats and listening to birds and falling rain
Move to sofa with blanket, coffee, and book
Re-drape with cats
Read
Eat
Re-drape with cats
Read
Change water filter and scoop cat pan
Re-drape with cats
Read
Eat
Re-drape with cats
Read
Go to Mass
Put on pjs, re-drape with cats
Read
Sleep

It was a lovely day.


P.S. It's a nor'easter, and this is what it looks like in some areas to north and west today:



5 comments:

  1. We've had a few sprinkles, but no rain yet. Of course, it's not May, yet (makes it very late winter/very early spring here).

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a little frost here in Indiana.
    A day with out being draped with cats is a like a day with out sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rev - We needed sprinkles. Very dry for Spring here. But now I'll be running trying to keep ahead of the lawn.

    @Rick - I loves the cats draped over me. I loves dogs, too, but I think 3 boxers in the same draped positions would take up too much room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a cat person, well socialized cats I find comforting. My cat on the other hand is socially handicapped. I blame this on my children. The cat likes to be around us but not too close. She'll sleep on the back of the couch, but has never laid next to me..ever.
    Kids are grown now, so when we get the next cat, it will be off limits to the grandchildren.
    I'm envious. It's been years since I've had a cat drape.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @kx59 - I don't know what to do when I stay someplace and I actually have the whole bed to myself. And my facination with that lasts all of one night and then I miss my drapes.

    ReplyDelete