Saturday, July 28, 2018

Owwie

So somewhere around 2 am I realized that I'm still a data geek.   And that the plots I was making aren't quite right because some of them are focused on ALL recalls and some are focused on food alone.  Plus they've  only been uploading stuff since about 2006 and even then the data isn't consistant.  So, fa.  And face palm.  I'm horrified that I'm still a geek.  And right now I'm trying to NOT persue a way of pulling just the food info from the total number of recalls.

But I can at least tell you that the Ritz recall is because they were given a heads up that a whey product they use MIGHT be contaminated.  And the Taco Bell cheese dip thing is because it MIGHT seperate and that MIGHT create an environment that MIGHT allow bad things to grow.

I don't eat any of that stuff to begin with.  But if I did I wouldn't panic. And would probably just continue to eat it.

In the meantime, the chemo port went in yesterday.  It's not done under general anesthesia but I can tell you that they pretty much make you stoned and fine with it all. Then you come home and sleep the rest of the day. Then the pain catches up.  Fortunately, there's Tylonal.  And beer.  Did I mention that the antibiotic they gave me for the infection I got after the original surgery led to a c. diff.  infection, which led to an antibiotic that I had a bad reaction to?  And that I couldn't drink with? Yeah, it's been fun.


Two places where they shoved the port in and a tube in are very bruised and sore. My body is not happy with this. Not happy at all.

2 comments:

  1. Keep the faith, hon...This too will pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so can't wait until next summer. Between the miserble weather and my ability to catch everything that goes by there has been no biking, kayaking, or hiking since the first surgery. I am NOT a happy camper.

      Delete