Sunday, September 16, 2018

To The Fool In the Potomac Today

I heard your cries for help across the river.  I jumped off the towpath and headed down the bank so I could look for a landmark I could use to guide rescue to you when I dialed 911.  The banks of the river are covered with a slick sticky goo because of flooding.  Halfway down my feet flew out from under me and I fell hard.  My back wrenched and my head slammed hard.  But I still scrambled and slid down because I could still hear you yelling "Help!  Help me!"  Only to finally see you and your buddies at a dock across the way.

That's not funny.  Not funny at all.

I'm having trouble getting around right now - I've pulled a muscle in my lower back.  And I got mud on my favorite hat.  The hat REALLY cheeses me off.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you had to go through that for those buffoons, but thank you for your diligence in investigating further. Most would have dialed 911, reported it and kept walking.

    ReplyDelete