Wednesday, June 24, 2020

The Good News And Ow!

The good news is that both the well pump issue and the HVAC issue were the result of fried components in control panels, not the complete death of systems.  The AC crapped out completely last night, but I have been fortunate in finding service folks who are honest and are as prompt as possible while not trying to up-sell me things.  I suspect that the power failure we had just before this started had something to do with it - when the power came back on the surge fried some older components.  But, anyway, this week cost me $900 as opposed to the thousands it might have been - the estimate for the well pump replacement alone was $4600.

The Ow! is from Petey, an adorable mixed pitty who is one of Copper's dog park friends.  He greeted us so happily yesterday and rocketed up to give me a doggie kiss.  He has a really hard head.


3 comments:

  1. Ouch! That's the last thing you needed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rev and OldNFO - I've never had a black eye before and didn't expect one from a dog.

    ReplyDelete