Monday, February 15, 2021

You Think They Don't Track You?

I use Adblock Browser.  Because I'm not the least bit interested in ads.  I hate shopping. I don't care about brands.   I rarely go into a brick and morter store unless it's a book store.  When I need clothes I want to be in and out. I'm not interested in this brand or that brand.  I'm interested it what fits, what it costs,  and what gets me back out the door as fast as possible. 

But my phone gets ads - the ads I've blocked on the internet.  And I'm buried under ads for marijuana.  I've never been any more interested in marijuana than I have been in Marlboro.  You suck particulate matter laced with a drug into your lungs in both cases.  Not interested in doing that.

But I've had cancer.  And I've undergone chemo.  And despite the fact that I never researched the use of marijuana during that time, I'm buried under ads for it.

Yes, yes indeed they are spying.

2 comments:

  1. If you are connected at all, they are getting everything, blockers or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is scary is that I never researched marijuana, yet the only reason I can think of that I get these ads is my being on chemo.

      Delete