Saturday, April 3, 2021

Today, The Day of Triumph, the Alleluia Day

 The great psalm, the psalm that started in anguish, is finished in triumph:


Then I will proclaim your name to my brethren;

in the assembly I will praise you:

“You who fear the LORD, give praise!

All descendants of Jacob, give honor;

show reverence, all descendants of Israel!

For he has not spurned or disdained

the misery of this poor wretch,

Did not turn away from me,

but heard me when I cried out.

I will offer praise in the great assembly;

my vows I will fulfill before those who fear him.

The poor will eat their fill;

those who seek the LORD will offer praise.

May your hearts enjoy life forever!”

All the ends of the earth

will remember and turn to the LORD;

All the families of nations

will bow low before him.

For kingship belongs to the LORD,

the ruler over the nations.

All who sleep in the earth

will bow low before God;

All who have gone down into the dust

will kneel in homage.

And I will live for the LORD;

my descendants will serve you.

The generation to come will be told of the Lord,

that they may proclaim to a people yet unborn

the deliverance you have brought.

And the tomb stands empty.



A blest and holy Easter to all, for our tears have been turned into joy, and He Is Risen!


3 comments: