Monday, March 26, 2018

What to do, what to do?

So, I'm peacefully having a burger at my favorite place Saturday evening.  And folks sit nearby.  And start a whole conversation about guns that is just loud enough to allow me to quickly ascertain that they know little about guns.  Which also tells me they are liberals since facts and truth are not necessary to liberals as far as formulating an opinion.  And then some more folks come in and join them and it appears that this group was downtown for the March for Our Lives or whatever the latest "I Hate Trump" demigogery gathering was called. (Bet one whole retirement check - everybody in the group was fine with cutting up children and sucking them down a sink and is as intellectually dishonest as any other liberal who thinks the word "fetus" makes a difference.  But I digress.)

Anyway, they were very happy with the way they had changed the world that day.  While surrounded by heavily armed security.  (But again I digress.)

I was torn.  I'm trying to have a peaceful dinner while reading Bill Bryson.  Who makes me laugh out loud.  But should I butt in with corrections?  Or maybe just pat the lead fool on their shoulder as I leave and say "Honey, you are very safe here.  Much safer than Baltimore, for instance.  Because there are several people in this room who are carrying guns.  Including me."

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I would have loved to see you do that, and watch them melt down...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh. You're getting soft in your old age...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like what you should have done!

    ReplyDelete