Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Belated

I haven't been online since Friday afternoon, so I'm late, but better late than never.

My heartfelt thanks to all who have served and continue to serve.

And something to watch for, and, if you can, support.

The lack of knowledge of history in this country is frightening.  I rather wonder how many people know the significance of the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918.  Our last witness to World War I, Frank Buckles, lived just down the road and passed away in 2011.  Fortunately, there were some folks who were working to preserve his story at the time he died and the project has gone on.


Read more about the project at  Pershing's Last Patriot.  And if you have a few spare bucks, consider throwing some their way.  The time machine is gone, now a time capsule needs preserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment