Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Sigh

40 years ago I used to do my own oil changes. And spark plugs. And tire changes.  And we had to be able to identify parts of an engine to pass Driver's Ed.

Today I was 60 miles from home at a doc appt.  Note to self - pay more attention to the addresses of referrals next time.  Just before I got there the oil pressure light on my Subaru came on.  I had to use the 2 inch thick car manual to find the hood latch.  And then I realized that I didn't even remember where the oily stuff is supposed to be on the dip stick.  

It's nice to have a little bit of money so you can pay other people to do grunge jobs like car repairs for you.  But I couldn't remember what the dip stick was supposed to tell me.  Feeling facepalmy now. 

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya! Plugs, points, rotor was the mantra. Did the oil changes, brakes, belts. Now I'm restricted to filling the washer fluid.

    ReplyDelete