Sunday, June 26, 2022

So, We Were At The Lake


At a friend's house on Lake Gaston down in southern VA.  And a fox lives there, too.  So I take pup out for our morning walk and the fox had just been there and Copper hit that scent and Lost His Mind.  Total berserk fox hound.  I had to drop the leash and just follow him because he was 75 pounds of uncontrollable hound.  Which was OK, since the woods are open pine and it was easy going.  I had seen the fox several times while we were there and knew it stayed close to the house so I wasn't worried.  Figured pup would eventually burn himself out the way he was yelling and tracking.  But because I was following some yards back I saw what Copper didn't:  he passed within inches of the fox.  Which then scampered off in the other direction.  While Copper continued on, totally oblivious, until he wore himself out.  My tracking hound never knew that he had actually flushed what he was tracking.

But at least he's cute.

1 comment: