Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Range Therapy

Any other old folks out there remember this?

Me and you and you and me
No matter how they toss the dice, it has to be
The only one for me is you, and you for me
So happy together

Well, my M1 and I are VERY happy together:


Muddy but ha ha the possible storm for Sunday missed us completely and Monday was nice and clear and warmer than expected - a great day for shooting.  Murphy's Law ran me through move and shoot drills with the M1 - you can see the shot pairs on the target.  That was fun - add a couple days a week of heavy yard work and who the heck needs a gym?  And if ML's bowling pin thought it had a hard life being knocked down by bowling balls, it needed to rethink because life as a target for a shotgun and a rifle definitely isn't easier. 


 And just when we thought 340 Defense had some class, some mutual friends showed up.



With a whole bunch of .45 caliber ammunition and a couple 1911s.  Which they generously allowed me to shoot.  Somebody who shall remain nameless had shot up all the 9 mm so I couldn't try the Glock 19 he was using.  I think it was in revenge for the spotting thing...

Then off for wings and beer.  And for me at least an evening of cleaning guns.  As well as contemplation of the idea that I need more guns.  And bigger caliber ones.

5 comments:

  1. And a good time was had by all ... excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to tell everyone that that target was shot standing off-hand, with you moving to a new position every two shots.

    She did good, folks. Real good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh! Over the weekend I was thinking I needed to get an M1 Carbine, and I remember the conversation I had with you and ML about getting yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Rev. Paul, Keads - Yep, great fun. Shooting has helped me get through winter. I'm strongly affected by the loss of light winter brings and taking a few hours periodically to get out and do something fun has helped me to not just curl up into a fetal position the last couple months.

    @ML - I really like adding the moving. More real world. And thanks.

    @Andy - Perfect rifle for me. Weight, size, sights all come together just right. And this one is just so darned purty!

    ReplyDelete