As I noted in an earlier blog, my place had started smelling like the crazy cat lady's house due to a kitty pee problem. No matter what I used, the downstairs stank, so the carpet had to go. I saved myself some money by ripping up and disposing of the carpet myself.
I found mold and mildew under it. I rather suspect that stirring that up without wearing a mask is the reason I spent the next 2 weeks feeling draggy and coughing my head off at times.
The guys who came out to do the job were great, and they moved the project right along, with conversation about Gene's paratrooper M-1 and other fun toys mixed in.
Even just putting down the underlayment made it look better.
In the meantime, the cats expressed their opinion of the commotion.
I started getting really excited when they unrolled it, since all I had had before was a sample piece. Yeah, it still looks like vinyl at this point but I could begin to see what the color and grain would look like in the whole room.
End result - gorgeous! I love it! It even feels like wood planks to the touch.
No more kitty pee smell, and spills will just wipe up. Now I have to put all the books back.