Saturday, July 13, 2013

Face Palm

So, I have cats.  Unfortunately, even a neutered cat can get all bent out of shape and territorial when there are other cats in the neighborhood.  Which there are.  And even more unfortunately I have one who makes his opinion known by pooping and peeing in inappropriate places.  That would be the spare bedroom where he sits and watches the other cats. 

My upstairs flooring desperately needs replaced.  But I don't have $6000 in my back pocket right now and I don't want to take a loan for it.  Soooo...current project involves ripping the carpet and padding out of the spare bedroom because a) it smells, b) the risk of mold developing under wet places, and c) once a carpet is scent marked they'll keep going back to it.  And in lieu of carpeting and until I can afford the new flooring I'm sealing and painting the exposed flooring (thank you DIY websites!) and then mostly concealing it with the furniture and some area rugs.  It'll be a bit rough because it's fiberboard but it's a low traffic room and most of the floor will be hidden anyway. 

Rough as it is, I still puttied the worst of the seams and nail holes and I wanted to smooth the worst of it out a little so today was sanding day.  And after about 2 hours of crawling on the floor with a sanding block it suddenly occured to me:  I have one of these:

Sigh.  It went much faster afterwards.

6 comments:

  1. I've had projects like that ... goes MUCH faster after you "discover" the proper tool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh...

    I've heard those newfangled electric tools are great.

    I don't believe it, though.
    Next thing you know, people will be telling you we can fly in outer space...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Them newfangled electric tools are great until they aggravate me and get tossed out.

      Delete
  3. Heh, yeah amazing how that works out isn't it... And have you tried the keep off spray? Making the cat move is always a good option...

    http://www.odordestroyer.com/category/CatRepellents.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately the keep off stuff has never worked with any of my cats. And the odor destroyers just caused a funky smell over the original smell, plus mildew.

      Delete