Tuesday, July 23, 2013

I'm Floored

Sorry.  Couldn't resist.  The worst of my latest indoor projects is more or less done.  I mentioned here that I had a worn out carpet + cat pee problem in one of the spare bedrooms.  Don't have the $$$ to deal with it right now.  So, 3 coats of Sherwin-Williams shellac primer:


And 2 coats of floor paint:


And I have a room again.  One without the cat pee smell.  I can't stand the idea of being the house that smells like THAT.

The baseboard needs repainted, too, but I ran out of painting steam.  I'll do that this winter when I don't have so many outside jobs that need to be done.  And I put the edging strip too far forward.  Oh well.  Learn by doing.  And re-doing.

Hopefully, I'll find a couple rugs while out and about this weekend and the room will then be decent for company.

7 comments:

  1. Nicely done! And a smart fix as the interim!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks pretty good to me. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good PH. I'm going to sit down and grit my teeth for a while to resist the home improvement inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old NFO, Bob, Rev, Rick - Thanks!

    kx59 - Step awaaaay from the tool kit...Here, have a beer instead.

    ReplyDelete