Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Read The Fine Print

You know how a hacking cough sort of convulses everything and makes you flail around grasping for relief?  Well, I got bounced out of bed by it, stumbled to the medicine drawer, grabbed the plastic bag and started sucking with relief on a lozenge. At some point yesterday it occurred to me that they didn't have that characteristic eucalyptus coolness and actually looked at the bag.


Oh, well, they stopped the tickling.  Then I read the fine print on the back.


Oh, good. Glad to know that one's vitamin C levels will remain good while you've got the trots.


11 comments:

  1. I've always had success with the zinc lozenges on the few occasions that I come down with a cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll throw some of those in the drawer when I re-stock.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Remind me to read the fine print on regular cough drops, too...

      Delete
  3. I hope you feel batter soon PH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are like Bob...we use elderberry and zinc drops and they work fantastic! Labels actually are like reading horror stories when you get to the nitty gritty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I didn't care for the list of chemicals, including artificial sweeteners. To have to choose between a cough and the runs seems unhealthy. I'm becoming less and less inclined to eat processed foods except in an emergency.

      Delete